MANCHESTER UNITED GREAT RYAN GIGGS APPOINTED WALES MANAGER



One of Wales' greatest ever players has become their coach, after Ryan Giggs was appointed on Monday. The Welshman spent his entire playing career at Manchester United and has landed his first permament coaching job.


He's never been in charge of a club side but Ryan Giggs has been handed a four-year contract to replace Chris Coleman as Wales boss.
Coleman quit the post in November after Wales failed to make the World Cup and his replacement is keen to get started.
"It was an opportunity I couldn't turn down," the former winger said. "I had the assistant role at Manchester United after I finished playing, which I enjoyed.
"I've not done that for 18 months now and I was just itching to get back into football because that's where I feel comfortable."
While Giggs is widely considered to be one of the best players to pull on a Wales shirt, he often drew criticism during his 64-cap playing career for regularly pulling out of squads for matches, particularly friendlies. 
"I know the criticism is going to come and the way to combat that is to win games and give it my all, which I'll do," he said. "All I can do is work as hard as I can to produce a winning team."
Though he is one of the most highly-decorated players of all time, with 13 Premier League titles and two Champions League wins among his honors, Giggs never played at a major tournament. 
Visit the link below for more:
http://www.dw.com/en/manchester-united-great-ryan-giggs-appointed-wales-manager/a-42154150

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigeria Signs Swedish Coach, Dennerby, for Super Falcons

NBA outlines gambling plan, seeks cut of bets

Official: Arsenal Loan Out Nigeria U20 Skipper Nwakali To MVV Maastricht

Zidane asks Real Madrid supporters not to whistle at Benzema

Drake Is Celebrating LeBron James’ Historic 30,000 NBA Points By Making A New Song