Roger Federer says his game is more similar to Sampras than Nadal
![]() |
| Federer |
Interviewed by Mats Wilander and Barbara Schett on Eurosport, Roger Federer made an interesting comment on Rafael Nadal and Pete Sampras' serves. 'There was a bit of a lack of rhythm sometimes and then on the return games you’re supposed to feel great and sometimes you don’t,' Federer said, as quoted by Express.
'I think that was one reason why Rafa also slowed down his first serve back in the day to actually almost get a rally to get a rhythm so then on the return game he could create something through his service games for the returning.
So with my serve I think I have the best chance to win the point so I focus hard on that.'He also said, 'On the return games, if you’re winning your games so easily you can actually hit free, and that’s what Pete [Sampras] did.
He might not have connected with three, four games in a row but all he needed was that one game where everything went well and that’s when he broke and that’s how he won the set. So maybe I’m more definitely in Pete’s area than Rafa’s.'

Comments
Post a Comment